Candied Bourbon Sweet Potatoes

November 27, 2013

Now this has been my long time favorite during the holidays. My first time I cooked them was with my mother when I was 7. It was in a pan of course, but I have since perfected my mom's recipe to make it my own. So enjoy :-)




Candied Bourbon Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

4-5 medium sweet potatoes
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup bourbon
2 Tbsp dark molasses
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup pack dark brown sugar
1/2 stick butter(4 Tbsp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp kosher salt

Directions:

Peel and slice sweet potatoes 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Place in stock pot with cold water and boil till tender. Let Cool






While potatoes are boiling, pour water and bourbon at bottom of sauce pan. Add sugars, molasses, butter, vanilla, allspice and salt. Heat on high heat till thicken or at least 20 minutes. Let cool.




Get ceramic or glass baking dish, I used 8 inch one. Spray pan. Ladle some syrup on bottom, then layer of potatoes, then sauce until your out of potatoes. If you have extra sauce can be used for any other candied vegetable(carrots, turnips, parsnips) another day. This can be refrigerate d up to 1 week or frozen for a month.









Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 and enjoy.





Post a Comment