Homemade Philly Cheese-steak Sandwich

November 21, 2013

Just finished a mud run(warrior dash) last weekend with my husband and all I want was a meat, cheese and bread. . . .Hey Philly sounds delicious right about now. So here's my homemade take on a Philly


 Homemade Philly Cheese-steak Sandwich

Makes 2 Sandwiches

Ingredients:

2 soft hoagie rolls(I used whole wheat rolls)
1/2 med thinly slice red/green bell pepper
1/2 med thinly sliced red onion
1 tsp  minced garlic
1 1/2 lb of thinly sliced rib-eye or strip lion( I prefer rib-eye)
Provolone Cheese(In picture I had american in there as well)
oil of your choice, salt and pepper

Directions:
  • Heat griddle pan on high heat if you have one, I used a saute pan. Mix steak with 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper to your taste. 
  • When pan is hot, add a little oil and saute peppers/onions until caramelized as few minutes. Put aside or push off to side of griddle. 
  • Add meat and start breaking up with spatula. Cook until no longer pink, add caramelized veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Start toasting  hoagies rolls with a little butter. I like to form meat into shape of rolls add cheese on top and hit with a little water to steam cheese till melted.
  • Place meat on top of toasted hoagies and enjoy
**SIDE NOTE****Placing Steak in freezer for 30-45 minutes will make it easier to slice. Remove from freezer and slice very thin(this can be done a day ahead or a month ahead so you can have instant Philly's anytime you want).



Post a Comment