Citrus Marinated Chicken w/Lemon Vegetable Saute

November 24, 2013

Well I was playing in the kitchen yesterday and wanted something new for my veggie mix. I wasn't gonna blog about this recipe but at high request, here we go. I didn't take step by step pictures this time but next around I will have step by step photos. If you know our family its mostly meat and veggies for dinner. So my citrus chicken is one of my most popular recipe with my hubby and my midget. This citrus vegetable medley is a new family fav.





Citrus Chicken w/Lemon Vegetable Saute


Ingredients:

For Chicken:

  • Citrus Marinade(recipe below)
  • Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to top cooked chicken
  • 2lbs of Chicken


For Veggies:

  • 1 Med Zuchinni
  • 1 Med Yellow squash
  • 1/4 of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 medium red bell pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic minced
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp grd white pepper
  • 2 tsp parsley(fresh or dry)
  • 2 tsp McCormick roasted garlic & bell pepper seasoning(optional)

Directions:

For chicken, marinate chicken with marinade(reserve 1\4 cup to pour on top of finished chicken) in zip lock bag for at least 30 minutes or 3 hours(overnight is great) in refrigerator.

For veggies, put lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, parsley, seasoning in zip lock bag and shake up. Add zuchinni, squash, onion, and red pepper and shake till well coated. I usually let this marinate a few hours. 

I pan seared my chicken, but you can grill, or broil as well. How long it takes to cook will depend on how size/boneless, all that fun stuff. But im usually cooking 1 big breast, 2 thighs and some tenders(all boneless), 5 minutes each side with lid on. Cook chicken to 165 degrees(I cook to 160 and let rest for 3 minutes to cook rest of the way). 

For vegetables I start cooking after I first flip chicken. That way its done around the same time chicken its. Heat pan, add oil, pour in vegetables. Cook until tender.

For plating put down veggies, a starch if you like, top with chicken, and pour on marinade  . . . . . Enjoy your dinner. 



Citrus Marinated Chicken & Lemon Vegetable Saute by NikkieDidIt



Citrus Marinade(about a cup)
(Can be used for 2lbs of Chicken, seafood or Steak)

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup fresh orange juice(can use store bought as well)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • 1 tsp lime zest
  • 3 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp parsley(fresh or dried)
  • 1 Tbsp fresh Cilantro
  • 1 tsp grd white pepper
Directions:

Throw all ingredients in blender and puree till smooth(you don't have too but brings out flavors more). Add puree to gallon zip lock bag and marinate your choice of meat for at 30min-3hrs(overnight works best for absorbing flavor). If too tart, add a little honey to sweeten.



Citrus Marinade by NikkieDidIt

Post a Comment